I am a firm believer in the power of snacks. My productivity is dependent upon them! Unhealthy snacks abound– they’re easy, they’re cheap, and they’re delicious. I try to generally keep to healthy foods, but it can be difficult. When healthy snacks are delicious as well, then that makes my snack decisions easier! That is where Graze comes in.
Graze is a subscription service in both the US and UK that is quite customizable: four or eight snacks? weekly, biweekly, or monthly delivery? sweet or savory or mix of both? There are other themes (protein, low sugar, low calorie) as well if you have specific goals. I get the 8-snack box twice a month (which is $12 a pop, or $1.50 per snack), and began my subscription in May 2015.
The box we received on June 22 includes the following (thanks to Michael for supplying me with some input on the ones he enjoyed):
- Ramen Noodle Crunch: LOVE (chili and lemon chickpea noodles, soba peanut, chili broad beans and edamame beans) Very crunchy and refreshing taste, without being spicy. I think that comes from the lemon. Bonus that it has a ton of protein in it. It reminds me of all the savory, crunchy snacks in India that are often served with afternoon chai. ❤
- Soy Roasted Seeds: LIKE Had a light, salty soy flavor.
- Honey Drizzled Cashews: LIKE Very sweet.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie: LIKE (chocolate fudge, dates, and pecans) Very nice flavor, sweet and luxurious.
- Fruit and Seed Flapjack: LIKE These are always a little loose but very chewy and this version of the flapjack was not too sweet. It’s like a snack-version of oatmeal.
- Tropical Sundae: TRASH (chewy banana coins, pineapple pieces and mango) The bananas are very weird. Delicious pineapple and mango though.
- Raspberry and Coconut Muffin: LIKE (raspberry infused cranberries, almond slivers, amaretti drops, coconut flakes) Eating handfuls of this all together is delicious. Individually the parts are not too exciting.
- Key Lime Pie: TRASH (lime flavored raisins, green raisins, mini meringues and vanilla cookie drops) Not a fan of this combo– I do like the bright flavor of lime but the little cookie drops and meringues aren’t very good in terms of texture, and they’re too sweet. I picked out and ate just the raisins.
I haven’t subscribed to any general subscription boxes since I don’t want to accumulate ‘stuff’, but this box is fabulous. I love the variety, the nutritious snacks, the size for the price (not too much, so they won’t go stale and I won’t get sick of it), and I like getting mail. ^_^
They offer quite a few incentives to try their service, like getting your first box free and additional discounts for referring friends. (Speaking of which, if you’re interested in getting your free box, if you use code REBECK4ZE then I get a bonus as well!)