Peanut Butter Oat Nuggets. These are a one-bowl, no-bake dessert that won’t heat up the kitchen, and the nuggets go great with coffee or tea, or as an energy boost snack on a hike. They’re versatile depending on what you have in the kitchen, and always taste great!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raisins or cranberries
- ½ cup ground flax seeds or chia seeds or wheat germ
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
Combine ingredients in one medium bowl and use a small plastic bag on your hand like a glove to shape handfuls into small balls. Place on a lined baking sheet and chill for one hour before placing them into an airtight container for storage, also in the fridge.
Yield: around 20 nuggets, depending on how large you make the nuggets.
Based on this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/no-bake-energy-bites/?mxt=t06dda